If you would like to have a career opportunity listed please email all information to email@example.com
The WPWPCA is proud to partner with all of our members and organizations to provide career opportunities in the sewage and waste water industry:
WC Weil / PumpMan Pittsburgh - Applications Engineer
Come and Grow with a Leader in the Industry… PumpMan Pittsburgh has an exciting opportunity for an Applications Engineer to join our team in Allison Park, PA. The Application Engineer is the backbone of our business to continue to grow our market share. This person thinks logically and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence, and achievement. PumpMan Pittsburgh offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
· Review third party databases to identify prospective projects & bidding opportunities
· Review plans & specifications
· Develop cost estimates in support of the proposed strategy and respond to information requests from sales team
· Assist sales team in coordinating the engineering/proposal activities for multiple manufacturers to meet bidding requirements
· Solicit technical solutions and cost information for our represented manufacturers
· Learn federal, state, and local regulations that pertain to water & wastewater industry
· Learn about the application of products we represent through manufacturer training and maintain awareness of new, improved, and competing products.
· Size and select pumps, control valves, and other equipment to satisfy various water/wastewater applications
· Provide engineering/technical support to the Company’s operations and service departments
· Gain awareness of product limitations and accurately identify differences between product features in bid documents
· Some local or overnight travel may be required for training or to attend industry conferences
Qualifications & Skills:
· Good interpersonal skills and a history of successful performance in a team environment
· Highly responsive to customer requirements through prompt responses to inquiries and requests
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings & specifications.
· Have a strong interest in the environment, public health, and importance of water quality while interacting with clients in a sales/customer facing role
· Should be commercially astute and able to understand sales strategy
· A desire to learn about product features and limitations and the ability to recognize and document differences between product features and customer requirements
· Must be flexible in dealing with conflicting priorities, being a team player, and willing to give additional effort when required to meet deadlines
· Prepared to be “hands-on” and eager to learn and develop professionally
· Competitive Base Salary
· Family Medical, Dental, and Vision
· 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
· Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
· Paid Time Off and Holidays
· Steady Work Schedule
Click here to apply at W.C. Weil
Aqua PA Western Area - Plant Manager II
This Plant Manager II manages the operation, staffing, budgeting, and performance of water and wastewater plants, assigned well stations and system facilities located in the Western Area of Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc.
Click here to download the detailed job description PDF
Click here to apply online at Aqua America
BUTLER AREA SEWER AUTHORITY (BASA) - Authority Engineer
BASA, a regional Authority providing wastewater collection and treatment services for nearly 15,000 customers is seeking a professional engineer to manage all aspects of the Authority’s Engineering Services.
Major responsibilities include:
· Review, establish, and enforce BASA’s design and construction standards
· Review and approve all DEP sewage facilities planning modules, subdivision plans, land development plans, and sewer connection permits
· Conduct all aspects of the land development process and coordination with member municipalities
· Coordinate, conduct, and/or supervise the UCC construction inspection
· Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental Engineering, or related field
· Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
· Five years of progressively responsible experience in supervising an engineering department. Annual Salary depended upon experience, competitive benefits package, Equal Opportunity Employer, resumes accepted until job is filled For a complete job description visit https://www.basapa.org/employment/. Send resume and cover letter to Duane E. McKee, Executive Director, 100 Litman Road, Butler, PA 16001
Assistant General Manager at DTMA
The Derry Township Municipal Authority (DTMA) in Derry Township, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania is seeking a full-time Assistant General Manager. The position reports to a General Manager and a five-member Authority Board appointed by the Township of Derry. DTMA operates two sewage treatment plants and nine pump stations in order to provide sewage collection and treatment services to approximately 4500 residential, commercial and industrial customers located within the Township of Derry, and neighboring communities.
This position offers the opportunity for additional professional advancement, andis responsible for leadership, and assisting the General Manager in the areas of regulatory compliance, budgeting, agreements, coordination of external legal and engineering support, and personnel and customer service. Candidates should possess a thorough knowledge of sewage collection and treatment operations and proven leadership and management skills. Minimum requirements include:
· an associate’s degree in a related sciences discipline, or similar experience;
· a minimum of three years of experience in the water or sewage utility industry including treatment plant operations, and the ability to interpret water quality data and to advise staff in the operation of the treatment plant;
· a minimum of one year of management experience; and
· the position also requires the possession of or the ability to obtain within a two-year period a PA DEP certification as a sewage treatment plant operator with minimum of Class B or Class C, Subclass 1 and 4 certifications.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. The DTMA offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, personal and sick days, health, vision, dental and life insurance coverage and pension plan.
Candidates should email a letter of interest indicating expected salary addressed to “General Manager Search Committee,” and accompanying resume, to Carol Henderson, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DTMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.